Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A smattering of semi-boring material

Well I almost put Sammy up for adoption today. Okay, not really, I just had a bad moment with him. (Ultimately, I am so attached to him, it would take a LOT for me to part ways) Truth be told, it was my fault. I was playing with him, moving my hand underneath a chair cover and he was chasing it around. Unfortunately, my cat-like reflexes are not, in fact, cat-like at all. He scratched me REAL good on the palm of my hand. You know, the kind of scratch that makes your finger go numb and the skin around it very sensitive. It hurts! No, Sammy's a good boy. Crazy, but good. Such is the price to pay for sharing your house with a lion.

Work has been very challenging the past week, but challenging in the good way. I've been going through a "standards and assessment" work book published by the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) because my boss asked for me to evaluate the library now that I've been here for about 6 months. It has been quite an eye-opening experience. Remember how I never thought I'd write a mission statement? Well this is similar. One of the required courses in school was "Evaluation of Library and Information Centers" or something to that effect. That was actually one of my most valuable classes and taught by one of my favorite professors.I re-arranged my apartment which I think has helped me de-clutter a lot in my life. I go through phases where I just throw a whole bunch of junk away and I'm in that phase this week. It's pretty liberating but I still have a lot of work to do.

No comments: