Florence is weird. Or maybe, I'm weird. Either way, something weird this way comes. I'm unsure whether it is where I live or not, but I'm finding that things taste differently than they used to. I automatically blame it on the geography since everything else about this town is weird, but maybe my tastebuds are changing in my old age.
For instance, I drank a Sunkist today. Granted, I normally drink diet sodas but I thought I'd splurge and drink a regular. It's Friday, after all. However, it didn't taste like orange soda. It tasted more like...Chinese noodles...but liquid. And then I splurged again (since I couldn't finish the Sunkist...would you drink Chinese noodles? I didn't think so.) and bought a bag of Pizzaria Pretzel flavor Combos. Best ever. But once again, a strange thing happened. It didn't taste the way it should taste, it tasted more like a garden salad, or maybe just spinach leaves. It was really weird.
Now I kind of feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone, but without the awesome theme song. Instead, I have "Copa Cabana" going through my head. Doesn't quite match. Is it a full moon tonight or what?
1 comment:
You just need to match up your synapses with your receptors. What could be simpler? DB
Post a Comment