Friday, August 18, 2006

'Tis the season

It's the month of insanity right now. Everyone kept telling me that August was a time to relax and recuperate. What?! That could NOT be further from the truth. This whole month has been a whirlwind from beginning to end. No rest for the wear I suppose.

For some reason unknown to me, this is the week of screaming children. Sure we get the occasional yelp or two, the random tantrum from an unhappy toddler, that's no big deal. We all just kind of smile and go about our business, kids will be kids after all. To a certain extent, we become slightly immune to it. It's no big deal! But when there's two or three screaming children a day, you can't help but notice and wonder, "is there something going on in the world that I don't know about?" At the same time, most schools around here start very soon so everyone's a little extra anxious in general. The circle of life, right? Well, something like that.

On a different note, I am planning on going to see a movie tonight and I'm hoping it's going to be that seemingly scary movie "The Descent". I'm pretty psyched because I'm OBSESSED with scary movie! I can't get enough of them! I'll post a review if I end up going.

No comments: