Friday, November 03, 2006

A short update

Well, things are moving along as usual. We had an excellent Halloween costume party for teens with some super creative costumes and lots of fun and games.

I can't taste or smell anything because I have the dreaded cold/flu that has been going around all of Boone County. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Working in a library is almost equal to working in a daycare. Germs germs germs. Eventually my immune system will catch up. Here's hoping.

I had a dream last night that I sailed around the world on a boat. I know there were two other people on the boat, I just can't remember who. (Hopefully one of them was Johnny Depp). Anyway, during the dream we all drifted off to sleep and awoke to the realization that no one put down the anchor so we ended up somewhere north of Alaska. Where would that be? I have no idea. Does this new dream usurp the old one where I bike across the U.S.? Absolutely not. That is still in my head. I even have a new bike to prove it (don't tell anyone I haven't actually ridden it yet).

I had a disturbing conversation the other day. I found out an elementary school teacher told her students that Puerto Rico could've been the 52nd state. When she was asked, "what is the 51st state?" She replied, "I thought Alaska was the 51st state!" Sigh.

I don't think I have anything else at this point. I'm going to go back to my snot-induced coma and stare at people as they ask me questions.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What?! Alaska's not the 51st state? :)