On Sunday, a woman approached the desk somewhat frantic. Here's how the conversation went:
Woman: "I need a book for a 4th grader and a 6th grader. They need to be on eras, like wars. You know, Civil War, World War I, World War II, World War III..."
[I'm not kidding, she didn't even bat an eyelash]
Me [in my head]: ...Umm...I don't think that's been published yet...
Turns out, what she actually wanted were books on dinosaurs and the Civil Rights Movement. (in different books of course...not too many would make that mistake.)
Seriously people, ask your librarian what you are actually looking for. No need to try to make it easier on us, it's easier the more specific you get! Although, then we wouldn't have these fabulous stories to post on our blogs...
:)
2 comments:
I don't know - I feel like I have to keep checking the nightly nooze to be sure that the WWIII era hasn't started yet. DB
Dinosaurs and the Civil Rights Movement? Don't be so sure she thought these would be in different books. Maybe she visited the Creationism Museum. I understand it shows that people and dinosaurs lived at the same time. Thank goodness for libraries (and librarians). mk
Post a Comment