Saturday, June 07, 2008

Pet Adoption Day!

I completely fell in love with this pup. They named him Duogee. If I wasn't maxed out on pets I would have snatched him up in a heartbeat. He was so sweet!
As I'm sure you can imagine, these little guys got adopted pretty quick. They were so adorable!!

The van is incredible. It is totally self-sufficient with running water and kennels built into the sides. It's air conditioned and heated and it doesn't run off the gas to power it. So amazing!

Behind the people standing is the display from the shelter. An Animal Control Officer was there to educate people on training and proper animal care.




Pet Adoption Day was a smashing success! We had the League for Animal Welfare bring their brand new mobile adoption van with around 20 cats and 5 dogs. The Boone County Animal Shelter also had a presence with information and training tips for those who adopted today or are considering adopting in the future. We had around 200 people come by and about 7 adoptions total. It was wonderful! The weather cooperated the whole time and I am just tickled pink it worked out so well. I saw at least 3 children run from the adoption area crying and throwing tantrums because mom and/or dad wouldn't let them take an animal home. My thought was, "well, why did you stop by then?" But then again, everyone needs to learn the word no at some point...especially when it comes to animals. I'm still getting that one down. :)





No comments: