
Overall it was a lovely weekend. I was glad to have at least a little downtime followed by some fantastic babysitting, knitting and then round one of the Fried Chicken Taste-Off. Three friends and myself all drove to Metamora, IN to check out the chicken at the Hearthstone Inn. It was deelish, but I still say the restaurant in Nashville will win this contest. However, it's to be determined. All in all it was a very fun day with lots of laughs and lots of carbs. We even talked about visiting regional and nationwide fried chicken places and coming up with some sort of system to rate said chicken. We would then share this information to the world via blog or some sort of book. But I'm not sure any of us like fried chicken THAT much, nor do we hope to gain 150 pounds. Then again, it is for prosperity....hmm...
On another note, Lyra is doing much better. Apparantely she has a parasite called Giardia. Gross. That is why we had to boil all of our drinking water during the Boundary Waters trip so many years ago...warm Tang. Mmmmm. She's on these giant horse pills and will have to get re-checked later on down the road. Such a little trooper. I was worried about Sammy on Sunday, he was acting listless which for him is WAY out of the ordinary. He perked up by the end of the day so I'm holding back on a vet check for now. I think he probably ate a pencil or my piano or something and now it's upsetting his fragile tummy. Such a weirdo.
No comments:
Post a Comment