Today at work, I ran across a search engine that exclusively searches for acronyms. How awesome is that?!
http://www.acronyma.com
Oh, and, coincidentally, I did NOT get paid today. I got the dates wrong. Stupid pay check. I didn't want one anyway so there. Okay, that's a big fat lie.
My project today at work was creating short bibliographies of credible online resources for various subject areas. I worked mostly on law and business websites today but I'm going to continue in the other areas as well. For those of you who might read this and know of a site that would be beneficial in any of these areas, please let me know! Here are the areas I'm researching:
law/paralegal
business
economics
human resources
management
computer applications
medicine/nursing
general sciences
general humanities
I'm getting to the point at work where I'm ready for more responsibility. I've got a giant folder filled with resources I think the library should collect. However, I also have to research space savers because the library is...well...tiny, and we're rapidly running out of room. They're starting to train me to help out with the bookstore (textbooks) as well. I'm beginning to realize that they want me to do a LOT. It's good because that means I'll never be bored and that's 10 times worse than being too busy. I just hope it's a manageable workload. But I know I'm getting ahead of myself.
Oh my gosh it's past my bedtime...TGIF everyone!!
2 comments:
The acronym website is cool, but not very complete. I've seen longer lists in print. It's neat that users can submit new entries, however. I submitted two -- LSA and IRCRC. :) gmk
Does that mean this Friday is payday???? I've heard about a remarkable yard sale being held in Louisville on Saturday--that gives you enough time to cash your check :)
Aunt kj
Post a Comment