Monday, July 04, 2005

Best word ever

absquatulation

Chew on that for a while. :) Well it's July 4th, and as usual, there is a barrage of fireworks displays all around the town. I walked outside to see if there was a view from my apartment complex and I could see so many fireworks! I was joined by a nieghbor of mine and we struck up some small talk. She's a nice lady and she's always thought Levi was super-cute (always a bonus). We chatted on, mostly about dogs and she told me she's thinking about getting another dog but that it needs to be small and have small...ahem...stools. Yes, she said it. Apparantely she wants the dog to be litter trained. Personally I've never heard of such a thing but I say more power to her!

Because of the fireworks, Levi has spent most of the weekend hiding. I've tried to entice him with his favorite yellow squeaky ball but to no avail. It will distract him until another *boom!* sends him cowering into my closet. He doesn't just hide, he shakes. He's been quaking in his...well, he's just been quaking I guess. The phrase "shiver me timbers" keeps popping into my head for some unknown reason. But alas I have yet to hear those words (or any, for that matter) uttered from Levi's mouth.

However, Sammy is another story. I swear to you, this actually happened. He's a very vocal cat. He has at least 650 different meows...a day. It's really quite remarkable. However, he sometimes does things like lick his chops while he is meowing. This very thing happened and out came the phrase, I kid you not, "Go away." Yes that's right folks, my cat has now learned to speak. This is a frightening concept for I believe that he will now attempt to take over the world. ...or Kentucky at least ...okay, probably just the kitchen but still it's kinda weird right?

Alright fine I'm the crazy librarian lady with the crazy talking cat and the crazy scardey dog. I admit it. But hey, at least I can read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never told us what
absquatulation
means----crazy librarian lady with the crazy talking cat and the crazy scardey dog.
So what does it mean?????
Aunt kj

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Sammy is learning Oscar the Grouch language. (Has he been watching too much TV?) gmk