It was a wonderful weekend. Kevin came to visit and we were having a wonderful time. The only time I try to cook is for someone else. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy cooking for other people. Everything was planned out. I decided to make raspberry chicken and a big fresh salad. The chicken was going well; just stir up some spices and raspberry vinegar, pour on the chicken, and broil it in the oven. I was working on the salad, chop chop chop. Halfway through the cucumber, I cut my thumb. It wasn't anything major, but had it been just a tad more voracious, I would not have a tip on my left thumb. Gross! The salad turned out okay but the chicken...well...here's the deal: everytime I cook, I pick out a recipe with chicken thinking "chicken's not that hard, I can deal with that." And it never fails, the chicken turns into cardboard, sandpaper, beach towels, pick your extremely dry item. Can someone please tell me how in the world to cook chicken in the oven without it getting so dry?? This becomes more and more of a mystery as time goes on.
Other then that, the weekend was really nice. We saw "Wedding Crashers" today, it was pretty good. I'd give it 2.75 stars. Very funny, I love both Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, plus there's a cameo with Will Ferrel, who I also love.. However, it's definitely a rental.
Well I thought I had some more to say, but apparantely I don't. Have a wonderful wonderful week to all who read this!
2 comments:
Would love to impart some wonderful tips on cooking chicken but I have none :) So i'll leave that to your big sis and Aunt Keanne.
Love ya!
Aunt kj
Not that I know stuff about anything, but I have found that there are two keys to success with chicken: #1) DON'T overcook, no matter how tempting, and #2) marinate it well and/or prepare a nice sauce to go on top of it. That's all I got, man...chicken is hard to get right!
Post a Comment