The library got a brand spankin' new photocopier today! There's not too much else to say about that, but it's great and it allowed me to re-arrange the remaining space which opened up the room quite a bit!
I'm really excited for tomorrow. I am attending a professional development course through the Greater Cincinnati Library Consortium for most of the day. It'll be from 10-4 and it's called the "Reference Resource Review." I know I've found myself in the right profession when that makes my eyebrows raise and causes me to read on. To many my guess is that would be an immediate "turn the page!" moment. But I think it'll be a wonderful networking and learning opportunity and I am very much looking forward to it.
I also found out that through this consortium and because I am a professional librarian, I get 50% discount off tickets to the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra concerts! (Try saying that 3 times fast...I have a hard time with getting it out once). Through learning this, I also learned about a chorus in Cincinnati that I might audition for. It depends on whether or not they are even auditioning new members or not but I really like the idea of being in a chorus again. I absolutely loved being involved with the Bloomington Chamber Singers and the Louisville Chorus (not to mention Joyful Noise Chorus!). My love for singing in a large chorus is second only to singing as part of a small ensemble (duet, trio, etc.).
Well waddaya know! I've got some stuff to say after all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment