Tuesday, January 03, 2006

And so begins 2006


First off, I have to tell you about one of the first dreams I had of 2006. I dreamt that I had a giant black bear as a house pet. Rather, an apartment pet. Not only was the bear full of energy and wild, he was obsessed with and fixated on pickles. Why pickles? I don't know. Why not?

Well, I have officially finished two days at my brand spankin' new job. It's going to be a complete whirlwind for the first month. They have virtually every hour of everyday of January filled with training, observing, planning, etc. I also have a few programs scheduled that I will be running! One of them is even centered on Dr. Seuss! Best ever! They were also very excited to hear that I am a musician because they have always wanted to utilize music in programing but have not had the opportunity.

I've (already) been so busy with work that I have not had time to come home to take care of Levi during lunch. It makes the decision to give Levi to my friends in WL all the more obvious as the right choice. Okay, that was the most awkward sentence ever written. But you get my drift. It was a good decision and it's going to benefit all parties. Most importantly, Levi. I'm going to miss him but he is going to be so much happier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new job sounds like such a good fit for you. Can't wait to read more about your experiences!

Anonymous said...

I bet between you and your mom you guys could come up with some pretty funny Dr. Suess songs. Get the guitar and/or portable keyboard out. Glad you made the move!
love ya.
Aunt kj

Anonymous said...

I hate bears. Stupid bears. DB