Well, I am now officially sans dog. I dropped Levi off at his new place of residence yesterday. It has been so sad it's hard to really swallow. However, I take a lot of solace in these facts:
- He has loving, caring, affectionate owners with a great sense of humor
- He has a huge backyard that will give his nose something to do for hours on end
- He has more than one owner and therefore does not rely on just one person to let him out
- He won't have to deal with an exhausted Sassy at the end of her day
And from my end, I get some comfort when I think about this:
- I won't have to deal with the gut-wrenching guilt when I can't come home for lunch
- I will now be able to go out with friends and not constantly worry about how he's doing
- I will no longer have to make sure I'm giving enough attention to both Sammy and Levi (a very difficult feat)
- I won't have to worry about what I'm going to do with him when I visit family and friends who don't live in Florence.
Both of us are going to be better off with this situation but it doesn't really take away the sadness. That'll go away soon, I'm sure of it. And my guess is Levi is already adjusting very well to his new surroundings. After all, he no longer has to deal with a temperamental, spotlight-stealing cat. Such weirdos.
No comments:
Post a Comment