Week 1 has almost come to an end. So far my biggest struggle (besides discovering that there IS in fact such a thing as a bad sports bra) is knowing how much to push and when to back off. Sure, I want to push myself so I get better and better and increase my endurance and distance, but I don't want to make myself sick, burnt out, or injure myself. Those of you who know me, which I suppose is pretty much anyone who reads this blog, know I have a touch of the hypochondria. So, I probably tend to err on the side of caution more than I should. But as my oh-so-wise dad always says, "the perfect is the enemy of the good." At least I'm doing something. I can already see it making a difference, mostly mentally, but a little bit physically. My cheeks which some endearingly call "cute" and I detest with every fiber of my being, are slightly less...puffy I guess. And that loop around the park I take gets easier to tackle each time I go out.
One of the things I enjoy the most is the variety in music. I'm always wondering what fellow runners/walkers are listening to on their ipods. I've gotten back into electronica music, so I've been listening to a lot of Aphex Twin. Also Soul Coughing, which is not electronic, but pretty rockin'. The 5% nation of lumps in my oatmeal. (that's for you Brainy Girl). So I put the question out there, oh great blogosphere, what do you listen to when you're on solo walks/runs/hikes/whatever? I'm always looking for new tunes...
2 comments:
bjork, volta. love it.
Here is a running mix I made a couple years ago (I still like it):
Bjork: Big Time Sensuality
The Clash: Rudie Can't Fail
The Cure: Hot Hot Hot
David Bowie: Fame
Diamond Nights: The Girl's Attractive
Eminem: Without Me
The Hives: I Hate To Say I Told You So
Los Fabulosos Cadillacs: Matador
Michael Jackson: Smooth Criminal
Modest Mouse: The World At Large
The Police: So Lonely
Prince: Kiss
Rolling Stones: Brown Sugar
Sleater-Kinney: Combat Rock
Supergrass: What Went Wrong
ZZ Top: Just Got Paid
Post a Comment