First off, running is going well. I made my first-week goal and I'm working hard toward the week 2 goal. They are small goals but I feel like $100 when I can complete them. When I took Lyra jogging, I noticed her back legs are pigeon-toed. I'm pretty sure she's the poster child for why dogs should not be inbred. She's so weird.
But on a different note, I have discovered a new literary obsession. I absolutely love survival stories. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I just can't get enough of them and I plow through them so quickly. I try to think about what it is exactly that I get out of reading them and I haven't yet come to a solid conclusion. Part of it is that it's fascinating to me to see what a single person is capable of, even if it is fiction. (although I do also enjoy the non-fiction stories as well, i.e. Jon Krakauer).
This obsession is not limited to literature. I love the TV shows, the movies, I'll take it all. Favorite TV survival show? (other than Lost, of course) Survivorman. I'm not a huge fan of Man vs. Wild. Favorite survival movie? Cast Away. Haven't yet seen Into the Wild, it's high on my list. Favorite survival book? Well, it's tough and it changes the more I read. Right now it's a toss-up between Hatchet by Gary Paulsen (I'm currently on the last of the other Brian books in the series) and Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Both amazing reads and I highly recommend them.
Who knows what it's about. But I can't help it. I love 'em.
Finally, thank you to McTodds and Ollie Boy for the music recommendations!! I'll definitely be using them!
No comments:
Post a Comment