Friday, May 05, 2006

Desperately Seeking Monkeys (Not of the feline variety)


I have recently opened myself up to the world of audio books and let me tell you what, it is such a wonderful world, and that's just based on one experience. After a recommendation from a co-worker, I checked out the audio version of "The Sweet Potato Queen's Big-Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner" and I now no longer have interest in music because I just can't wait to get in my car (regardless of the length of time I will be in there) so I can hear what hilarious thing will happen next. This book is HILARIOUS!! I don't often laugh out loud to books or spoken word when I'm by myself. Not because I'm not enjoying myself, it's just unlikely for whatever reason. But I have done everything from a giggle to an outright guffaw while listening to this book. If you get the chance, definitely listen to this and be sure to get the version with the author reading it herself. I'm not sure, there may not be any other versions, but just in case I thought I'd mention it. You'll understand the title of this blog post when you get to the 4th or 5th CD.

Things at work have continued to increase in speed and frequency but it's been amazing. Yesterday and today I spent the mornings at two different elementary schools plugging our summer reading program and it was so much fun! It amazes me that I don't get flustered in front of a group of 300+ kids. In fact I felt eerily comfortable. Recently I've been thinking a lot about how much I miss performing, be it in choirs, musical groups or musical theatre. I'm not the greatest actress but I really enjoy being on stage when I'm doing something I'm confident doing.

Well that's all there is to that. I'm about to leave for a party. My friend is hosting it. When asked "what's the occasion for the party?" she replies, "I got a new blender!" Fantastic!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I went to high school with her too. DB

Anonymous said...

The author of the book or the friend with the blender??