
I love it! Today I was able to say some really fun words when I was on the phone with a customer. A woman called up, here is the extent of our conversation:
Me: Children's, this is Sally. Can I help you?
Customer: I hope so. My son is insisting that the Captain Underpants series [by Dav Pilkey] is on his school's "accelerated reader" list. Is there a way you can tell me if this is true because I have my serious doubts.
Me: Absolutely! I'll just pull up the list online and I'll check...
*Pause while I open the list online*
Customer: [to someone at home] Throw the dead fly in the trash can...how did you get that fly? I've been trying to get him all day!
*Pause while we both have a good laugh about the dead fly*
Me: Well, believe it or not, your son is right. Captain Underpants is on the list!
Customer: Really?! Wow! Can you tell me which titles? We have ALL of them.
Me: Sure thing! There's The Adventures of Captain Underpants; The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby; Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets; Booger Boy, part 1 and 2; Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants; Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman...the list goes on.
Customer: Oh, Professor Poopypants! We know that title well. My 5-year-old can't even read and he can quote this book because we talk about it so much at my house! Thank you very much for your help!
Me: No problem. Have a great day!
Ha! I love the fact that I got to say Professor Poopypants at my job!! Best ever!!
3 comments:
You are so right! I never get to say that at my job. DB
Christopher loved that series and so does several of the boys that I read with. How fun--You can now recommend Professor Poopy Pants to the moms that come into the library :)
Ha -- I can top that. I work at a job where people actually poop in their pants! (Well, it did happen one time.)Grankie
Post a Comment