Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I do NOT heart moving

In fact, I hate it with all that I am, and then a few more of me. Thank goodness up and down that I have such wonderful friends to help out. A HUGE shout out to Dawn, Charles, Chris, Aunt Kim & Jeanne for helping me out, it was a massive endeavor (at least it seemed so). But now things are getting there. I still have some stuff in the old place to take to Goodwill, as well as my food. Darn, I knew I was forgetting something important. Food's kind of important. Stupid food. I hate food.

It didn't help that I got super super sick this weekend. I started having a very sore throat on Thursday but by Friday it was basically gone. Nope, it reared its ugly head in full force. After moving, I started losing my voice, started developing a fever, muscle aches, massive congestion, the works. I got about an hour or so of sleep. So Saturday, the day I was SUPPOSED to be cleaning the old place and setting up the new, I was at home in bed sleeping all day long. Same with most of Sunday. Sunday evening I was able to go over and finally pick up the cats, which was an endeavor I tell you what. By Monday I went over and did the cleaning and most of the throwing away of old stuff. It was bad timing because of the move, but good timing with the 3 day weekend and thank goodness I didn't get sick during the work week!

It's been a madhouse around here! Summer reading has officially started and there's barely a moment to sit down and get regular work done. But at the same time it's fun to see kids so excited about reading. Yay!

On the upside of the moving extravaganza, I absolutely ADORE my new apartment!! It gets lots of direct sunlight (which the cats can't get enough of), a huge balcony, a huge walk-in closet and a great view of sunsets. It's the greatest!

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you get a chance, post some pix of your new apartment -- congratulations! mk

Anonymous said...

Your new apartment is awesome! I can not wait to see it when you have totally decked it out! Congrats! :)